Ouru Super Stores was incorporated into the Republic of Kenya in 1991 under the name Ouru Discount Centre. After about 12 years in service on 8th April 2004 the name changed to Ouru Super Stores Ltd.
Our core business is the wholesale and distribution of consumer goods and general hardware from leading manufacturers in Kenya to the Western Kenya Market.
Ouru Super Stores Ltd was curved out of the main Ouru as a going concern with capital base of around 200 million as per audited and financial reports of Year 2004.
To be the leading super distributors of goods and services nationally.
Sourcing goods at highly discounted prices and re-selling at low affordable prices to improve the standards of living and creating employment for citizens in the region while maintaining a profitable edge.
Ouru is engaged in several initiatives to fulfill our commitment to good corporate citizenship that is;
- Supporting education – bright students from poor families.
- Supporting agricultural growth- ASK shows and sponsoring the best crop husbandry awards.
- Lighting the town.
- Contributing to orphanage homes.
We boast a strong capital base that includes ownership of a fleet of 50 HGV vehicles in active service, two commercial buildings in the central business district of Kisii Town and employ a staff of 220 full time employees serving up to over 5000 wholesalers in the region.
The manufacturers represented by Ouru on distributorship are :-
- Bamburi Cement - Unga Ltd -Sony Sugar
- Mumias Sugar Company - Pembe Flour Mills - Athi River Mining
- Pwani Oil Products - Mabati Rolling